Monday, February 04, 2008

The Political Dynamic Duo

When I was a young boy, like most young boys I loved super heroes. My two favorite TV shows were Superman and the Dynamic Duo of Batman and Robin. Although Spiderman was cool he was animated and I preferred the real people and action vice the animated version.
I was really taken by Batman and Robin because I had a best friend who was willing to be my Robin and for endless hours we solved crime, covertly spied on the neighborhood and fought imaginary criminals with great success. Before cable, the Internet and X-box we managed to stay busy all day long and if the weather was bad there were always improvements to be made to the bat cave (my garage).
Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about the Bill Clinton show and the controversy that came out of South Carolina when Bill was misquoted but then managed to let his famous temper spill out when he took on a reporter much like the more famous outburst against Chris Wallace when he had the nerve to bring up the possibility that President Clinton didn’t take out Bin Laden when he had the chance…something that I’m sure still haunts him. I mean with attacks on the World Trade Center, the Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia, two Embassies in Africa and the attack on the USS Cole largely ignored by him and his administration I’m sure deep down he realizes his lack of a serious response against the growing Al Qaeda threat led directly to the events of September 11th and that must sting especially when a NBC’s movie of the week had the nerve to expose it all just as Hillary was getting ready to put her presidential campaign into high gear.
I was a bit surprised to see the campaign allow Bill so much oxygen but at the end of the day I’m not really surprised as Bill just can’t stay away from a microphone or an African American church. I’m beginning to thing he has ADHD as he can’t sit still, well unless he’s nodding off at the Martin Luther King memorial ceremony after a late night and the idea of a restless Bill back in the White House must send shivers down the spines of those responsible for the Intern program. Whether it’s Whitewater, travelgate, Bill’s numerous adulterous affairs or his more recent kick back effort in which a Canadian businessman donated some 30 million dollars to the Bill Clinton foundation after a business trip to Tajikistan (a great dictator state with minerals and some oil) there’s more skeletons in this Dynamic Duo’s closet than Batman and Robin had tights so why are the Democrats working so hard to make it happen?
Hill-Billy is the modern day political Dynamic Duo comparable to my favorite superhero’s Batman and Robin (although I’ve never been sure who’s Batman and whose Robin) but instead of providing me with endless enjoyment I’m looking at four years of misery. Even the Joker couldn’t put a funny spin on what’s coming if Hill-Billy manages to pull off the greatest feat since Batman used the anti-shark Bat spray to get that rubber shark to let go of his leg as he tried to climb into the Bat Helicopter. Well either it’s a great feat or Bill has so much dirt on the vast majority of the senior party members that J Edger would be proud.
I doubt it’s possible but if Hillary is to have any success during the national campaign or worse if elected she’s really got to order Bill to the Bat Cave and keep him there. And if she can’t well I can only quote the narrator of the Batman and Robin TV show “Same Bat time, same Bat channel”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

http:/www.htl.myweb.net

<< Home